I found a very simple PowerPoint Explosion Animation at PowerPoint Heaven.
- Insert a picture either from Clip Art, File, or inserting AutoShapes
- Right click on the picture and click on Custom Animation
- Click Add Effect > Exit > Dissolve Out
- Click Add Effect > Exit > Zoom
- Under the Custom Animation section, modify the Zoom setting by changing Start: “On Click” to “With Previous”, Zoom: “Out” to “In”
I tried it and it works like a charm. Don’t skip the last step … make sure you change the Zoom setting to “In”.
Go to their website to see an example.